Image Map

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Living for the weekend!

Summer vacation, every day is technically a weekend. But I can only spend time with friends and family on the weekend, because most of them have normal jobs.


I spent all day yesterday with my friend Jennifer and her adorable daughter. We went to the beach, where everyone seemed to want to chat with us? I don't know about you, but I can't stand when people I don't know just randomly come up and talk to me when I'm talking to someone else.

One person asked me about my bathing suit. (which was nice, but still) Two other girls wanted to talk to us about church. Which I do believe in going to, but I also think it's a personal thing ya know? It was just random!

We had some Rita's Italian Ice. (Yum!) There was a group of disabled children and adults ordering some treats. This sweet boy was enjoying some ice with his grandma. He gave up his seat to the group. It was just the nicest thing and made my heart warm!

The night finished at the mall. I WAS on a trek to find a cute white dress for my rehearsal, but everything is either too dressy or too expensive. We ended up having sushi at Sake House. I love that Jennifer is JUST like me and could eat sushi every day if she wanted too! Best part? Her daughter (who's five) loves sushi just as much!

Today was Father's Day, and my whole family went out for brunch at this Italian restaurant Brio. The food was AMAZING and we had such a blast. My dad is hilarious and I'm so glad he's a part of my life.


That would be my uncle on the left, my brother in the middle, and my dad on the right.

After brunch and drinks, J and I headed back to his place. I'm in TOTAL summer vacay mode, so I took a nap. What? Am I sometimes an 80 year old in a 27 (almost 28) year old body? Yep, and I have no shame. :)

The day ended with a visit to the pool. Which was relaxing, until I had to pull out my teacher voice. The cutest three year old girl asked this other little girl "May I please have my water thing back, please?" Bratty girl told her no I'm gonna spray this guy (J) with it. So I went excuse me, she asked you nicely, please give her back her water toy. Little girl proceeded to throw it at the 3 year old! I just don't get it. Teach your children manners please!

Now off to watch some RHONJ. My future mother in law got me hooked on this show. It's really the perfect summer show: totally brainless yet entertaining.

Hope you all had a fantabulous weekend as well!

1 comment:

  1. SOunds like your weekend was great...

    I think it is hilarious that your "teacher mode" came out at the pool!

    I am OBSESSED with RHONJ. Who is your favorite? Are you a Theresa fan? I LOVE Jacqueline, Caroline, and Kathy. My feelings about Melissa are slowly changing. I have no idea what to think of her now :)

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!