Image Map

Monday, February 18, 2013

Days off...

When I get a day off (not including weekends) I try and tackle it one of two ways:

  • Go, go, go! Meaning taking care of business, cleaning, finishing plans, whatever. When I am in GO! mode, I like to stay busy.
  • Chill and relax. When I'm in this mode, I still take care of things, but I also lounge and read. Catch up on my shows. Take a nap.
I used to think the latter was not as good as the former. But you need some chill days sometimes, ya know? You need days when you spend time just not stressing about life. 


Source: luulla.com via Jana on Pinterest


This quote is the opposite of so many that I see about living life today, but sometimes a way to live life is to just relax.

I don't regret relaxing today. I finished lesson plans, delivered a birthday gift and came home. Once home, I stayed in my comfortable sweats (it's still freezing!) and watched Top Chef, Pretty Little Liars and Revenge, all while cuddling my cat. Now I'm waiting for J to arrive so we can go to church to meet with our coordinator.

All in all, a great day. Hope you had a great day as well!


Linking up with Carly and Molly for YOLOMondays. 



3 comments:

  1. Uh, yea, on my day off from teaching, I lay in bed and watch Grey's Anatomy. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel guilty when I relax it makes me feel like I waste my day away. Sometimes it's needed though!
    Hope you enjoyed your day off!

    kim
    kimbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE relaxing days. I think they are very important. I try to reserve Sundays as relaxing days (or Monday if we have an extended weekend) because it really gets me ready for the work week. If I'm busy all weekend long and just going, going, going, then I find it very hard to be prepared for the work week and I seem tired the entire week. If I get my relaxing Sundays, I can tackle the work week much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!