Image Map

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Better week

Last week, I posted how I was getting too into my head. (Ugh, that sentence is so wrong but it's the only way I can explain it!)

So I decided to be proactive (my school uses the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People for kids) and get around the cause of all my stress (my own mind!)

And I was successful! Whenever something happened that I would have previously analyzed or moaned about for hours or days, I told myself, you can't control that/them. I would remind myself of my own positives.

I also took advantage of any free time I had during the day at school to prepare for the next day. It was nice to come home and not stress about waking up early or try and do some work. It allowed me to have more time with J. We even took two walks this week around our neighborhood. The walks were perfect! Nice weather and good conversation! They made me feel a heck of a lot closer to him, which is exactly what we had been needing!
Source

I'm going to continue to attempt to do the same this week. It's going to be a struggle, because we have a major district visit on Tuesday. The head honchos of curriculum will be in my room. But here's the thing: I know I am a good teacher and I know they will find something wrong. Hopefully what they find "wrong" will be something constructive. I appreciate constructive criticism; I can't stand nitpicking!

Have a wonderful week!

How do you overcome your own stresses? 

1 comment:

  1. I still have to work on overcoming my stress. I find that reading does some of it. But walks and talking it out with Colon definitely help, too.

    I hope this week is better!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!