Image Map

Sunday, March 24, 2013

The way that I'm a bit nerdy...

I really have no problem admitting that I am a nerd. I mean, it's even in my About Me over there --->. I love to read. I love to watch documentaries. I've been having fun creating assessments for the district. But I also have a super silly nerd secret. It's spring break and I've decided to continue on with a certain little break tradition of mine. Now this tradition is straight up nerdy, just warning you!

A few breaks ago (possibly Christmas Break 2011) I got this hankering to play The Sims. You know, the game where you build houses and mess with your people? So I searched for ways to play it because I had long since gotten rid of my CD-ROMs. (I feel like that is not the way you spell that word, but they aren't really in use anymore so does it matter?)

So I discovered Origin, where you can download all sorts of games, including the Sims. I also discovered that the Sims 2 and all of it's expansion packs were pretty cheap. So I downloaded them all and proceeded to play them to my heart's content.

I've done this pretty much every break since then. I hadn't told a soul. But then J bought the newest Sim City game a few weeks ago and has been feeding his inner nerd by playing the game. I told him how I've been playing The Sims 2 on all my breaks. He then proceeded to tell me he receieved an e-mail from Origin, informaing him that all of The Sims 3 games were on sale this week! Fate right???

So I promptly purchased The Sims 3 and created my Sims. I haven't had a real chance to play it today but as soon as I hit publish on this here post, I know what I will be doing for the next umpteenth hours.

someecards.com - uh, no thanks. i'd rather play the sims.


So don't judge me. I admit I'm a complete nerd for loving this game, but hey at least my fiance is a nerd right along with me! :)

Do you have any silly guilty pleasures? Share them with me!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD! I play ALL THE TIME! I am so addicted. I don't think it's nerdy!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!