Image Map

Monday, October 15, 2012

Slowly feeling more normal

I still sound weird (as one of my firsties put it, Ms. Albino why do you sound squeaky?) but I can breathe through my nose! Progress!

My immune system used to be decent, then I went off to college.
Like clockwork, I got sick every finals week. Then I became a teacher, and BAM! Immune system down! But I finally built up a little defense. Apparently starting at a new school means dealing with being sick again.  Maybe my body needs to get used to my new school germs? That'd be an interesting research project... which school's germs are worse? School A or School B?



someecards.com - Sorry you're one of those people who seems to get sick all the time 


I once heard that teaching is the number one job when it comes to how frequently you are sick. Well duh! I'm in a classroom all day with children who just cough and sneeze all over the place. And who's idea of washing hands is sprinkling some water and that's it!

So anyone out there have any sure fire cold killing rememdies? I don't have a fever and my nose is pretty stuffy. Plus I sound "squeaky" (haha. makes me laugh every time). I'd really appreciate it! Off to see if I can sleep WITHOUT waking up at 3 a.m.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are sick. I am just getting over sinus stuff myself. I had to go to the doctor and get shots. :( Nyquil cold and flu really helped me sleep. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no remedies. Just lots and lots of drugs is what I recommend. I get a cold the 2nd week of school...every single year.
    The sickest I have ever been was during my student teaching semester. I think I'm building up immunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a neti pot! In love with it!
    As an almost nurse, I also have to recommend that you teach some handwashing techniques (make it a fun activity!) and have a steady supply of hand sanitizer! Keep it in your area and use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stinks. I always feel like I'm sick all the time too! It's the worst. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you get some superb remedies can you please send them my way? Because you are totally right, teachers do get sick the most with all those germy kiddos. I am trying to fight off this HORRIBLE AND HORRENDOUS cold right now as well. It doesn't help that I think i'm getting stabbed in the throat every time I swallow because it hurts so bad.

    Hope you feel better girly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!