Image Map

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Perspective

Hello world.

I was going to post about how I picked a date (July 12) and how I have my wedding ceremony and reception locations picked (church I grew up in and this beautiful hotel down at the beach).

I was  going to post about how even though today was Halloween, my kids were and are pretty fantastic.

I was  going to post that my mother is driving me crazy with wedding planning and it's only been a week.

I was going to go into all that detail. Then I read something that just put everything in perspective. Something that reminds me that life is precious and to be cherished.

A teacher from my old school posted on her Facebook that a student who I knew last year fairly well (she was in my closest teammate's class) has been put into hospice. This student is a beautiful little girl and really smart. She was diagnosed last year T-cell non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She responded well to treatment last year.

Upon seeing that status, I immediately texted my closest teammate. She quickly responded that the little girl's cancer returned in July. It keeps spreading and her body is not responding to treatments. Doctors have recommended that she be put in hospice but her parents are still searching for other options. My friend told she has been crying since she found it this afternoon at work.

It breaks my heat. I literally sat in the car at the Target parking lot and cried. And prayed. I prayed that some miracle happen so that this little girl lives.

So if you believe in prayer, please send one up for this beautiful soul. And if you don't, do you mind sending some positive thoughts her way? And some to my old school. It is a small school where all the kids know each other and all the teachers know the kids.

I'll fill you in on the frou frou stuff some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!