Image Map

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Craziest time of the year...

People think the beginning of the school year is the craziest time of the year! That would be SO wrong.

May is the craziest time of the year. I've read three posts today from Bonnie, Brooke and Mal who totally agree with me. Let's break it down shall we?


  • I adore my class this year. By far the best behaved and sweetest class I have ever had. But May hit and they have lost their darn minds. I knew it when one of my best kids decided that throwing chicken nuggets up into the air and trying to catch them with her mouth would be a great idea. SAY WHAT?????? Or when I get blank faces when I ask them how to solve 35 +20. Or when I ask what the problem in the story is and they give me a blank stare. Or when I ask ANYTHING and they give me a blank stare. Kids are just done by this time of the year, and to be honest I am too!
  • EOY Checklists. In real people talk, end of the year checklists. This long checklist that requires signatures from a bunch of random people. I try and start it as soon as I can, because usually when I go turn something in or try and my list signed, the person magically disappears. 
  • End of the year tests. This year my district went test crazy! I've been cycling my kiddos through my computers to complete all their online assessments. Then I've been staring at my calendar trying to figure out which kids to test on which days for their big EOY summative tests. Makes me want to cry really. 
  • Something else that makes me want to cry? Packing up my room. I normally am a pro at this, but I can't do a lot of it on my own. (All those first grade books and materials are heavy yo!) The only positive to this is that part of that checklist is to create a diagram of your room. This way the custodians can attempt to put furniture back where it goes!
15 schools days, plus two work days. Just like The Little Engine that Could... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!