Image Map

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Whew... I'm alive I promise!

I'm exhausted and I haven't even had a group of students yet. As I've said before, I am at a new school this year. My first grade team is comprised of seven people: myself, two teachers who have been at my new school for awhile, and three teachers who have only taught first grade, and one brand new teacher. My team is great! But it's been overwhelming making sure I help all the new teachers as well as get ready for my own brand new experience of teaching mostly English language learners.

I know I made the right choice, but earlier today I broke down, thinking to myself that if I had just stayed at my old school life would be easier. I'd know what to expect come Monday. but I know in my heart I made the right choice. I knew it when I saw both my principal AND assistant principal moving boxes and cleaning up the rookie teacher's classroom. That kind of support is invaluable. Change is hard people!

So here are pictures of my new classroom:








I need to take my own advice. I'm as ready as I can be, so I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon/night watching some Pretty Little Liars, baking some brownies, and making sure my outfit's in place for tomorrow.

Sorry, I've fallen off the face of the planet! I hope to get into more of a routine once the first week is over. I hope everyone had fabulous weekends!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! That's great about the principal and AP helping the new teachers. Tomorrow is my first day and I'm watching Gossip Girl tonight. Good luck to you! The room looks great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your room! Good luck tomorrow. Don't be too nervous. You will be great!

    Xo Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those primary rooms are always so cute! Career decisions are hard when it comes to teaching. Plus, the last 2 years I've had 7 people on my team. This year it's 6 (that includes a special ed. teacher for just 4th grade). Support from team members is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your classroom! Very cute. Changes are hard, but it's how we grow and learn (I tell myself this all the time). Plus, it sounds like you have a great support system there. That's so great. Good luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!