Image Map

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Teaching

I've said it before and I'll say it again... teaching is my passion. 



I love when I see a kid finally get a concept. I love when a kid is excited about learning. I love when I get hugs or high fives or even just hellos from former students. I don't do this to get some kind of kudos. I do it because it's fun and it's important.

So to find out I'm a finalist for my school's Teacher of the Year? It's the icing on the cake. Especially when the other two nominees are fantastic teachers themselves. Teachers that I know share my feelings about teaching. Teachers that truly care about their students.

Would I be lying if I said I'd be a tiny bit disappointed if I didn't win? Yes. I think that's a natural and honest reaction. But I finally get why people say they feel honored to be nominated. It really IS an honor. Especially when you are in excellent company.

Wish me luck friends!


3 comments:

  1. I finalist for teacher of the year?!? How awesome! Teachers are awesome and you are teaching such an impressionable age. At age 32, I actually still keep in touch with my 2nd grade teacher. Not only is she my mentor, but she taught me what kindness was.. love & empathy too. She showed me how to see goodness in others at such a young age and I'm so grateful for her. It's awesome that you are doing something you are passionate about and making a difference!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!