Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

School's been back for a bit...

School's been back for  a bit now. Like I think this is day 16? so that means this would be the beginning of week four?

My school, through no one's fault, struggled last year and is considered to be one of the lowest 100 in the state. Which means we stay later for one hour. So now I have to change my game my plan. . Like I cannot be spending a crazy amount of off time at work or doing things that deal with work! So here are my goals for this week:


  • Write my morning message the night before. Every morning I open my day with my class with a letter. I need to start doing this the night before, because it just kills time in the morning. 
  • Do not stay past five unless it's a meeting or a day that I am lesson planning. I live MUCH closer to school now and because of this I've been making excuses for why I can stay late.
  • Have at least two nights this week, where I do not talk about work at home. I can hog the conversation SO much when it comes to school, so I need to keep that in check. 
Teaching is my passion but I want to balance work with life. A teacher's to do list is NEVER ending and I don't want to start to hate my job and not be able to relax at home. I slept horribly last night and I want to sleep well tonight. Here's to hoping I make my goals for the week!

How do you do it? How do you keep work and life balanced?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!