Image Map

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lightning and Loss

Yea, so I completely stink at this whole blogging every day thing. But hey this challenge has made me post twice now in one week, so that's a successful point right??

Today's topic is Things you're most afraid of. My immediate answer? Lightning.


When I was 10 and on the Safety Patrol trip to Washington D.C., we were caught in a MASSIVE electrical storm. Bolts of lightning EVERYWHERE. Right after watching a documentary at the Smithsonian about the effects of lightning. Ironic, right? I was deathly afraid of this and it's really an unfortunate fear to have being a citizen of the so-called Sunshine State. Storms can get CRAAZY up in here. Luckily, I'm not as scared as I once was, but I will flinch when I see a bolt.



My parents are a lot older than most of my friend's parents and I get this sick pit in my stomach when I think of either one of them not being here anymore. I hear my dad's cough get worse and worse and honestly it makes me want to cry. Whenever I get those feelings, I try and just appreciate the now. The fact they are both still here is something I want to cherish.

So those are my two major fears. One that's kinda silly and one that's kinda not. What are your fears?





1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you and your family. You are too cute!

    Lightning freaks me out. Funny that we are afraid of it when we grew up in a state where lightning is so prominent.

    I also cringe whenever I try to imagine life with my parents. It's weird and hope it never happens.

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!