Image Map

Friday, January 3, 2014

Trust

I've been loving this idea of having a word for 2014. I very rarely make resolutions (mostly because I don't see my life in calendar years, but in school years) but the idea of having a word to live my life around really speaks to me.

2013 was a year that taught me a lot about LOVE. I've always known J loves me (duh, why would I have married him! :)) but it's been wonderful to realize how he chooses to show it. My ENTIRE family came from Puerto Rico to be at my wedding. I don't get to see them as often as I like (if anyone figures out a cheap way to get to San Juan, let me know!) but seeing their happy faces in my wedding photos just shows me how much they care. Same for J's family. It's been nice to have this whole other family where I know that I am cared about. My own family taught me about love as well. So I suppose my word for 2013 probably should have been LOVE.

For 2014, I am going to with the word TRUST. If you;ve read me awhile, you've probably figured out that I overanalyze EVERYTHING. I think about things over and over and over and over. It's hard to just let things be.

So that's where TRUST comes in.


I need to not only trust in the Lord more, but I need to trust myself. I know what I am good at and I know that I am a good person. I need to believe and trust in that during those overanalytical times. 


There are many things that I am hoping for this year, but many of those things I cannot control. So I need to trust that things will happen when they happen. 

Source
And I need to trust that overall good things do happen a lot of the time. Goes back to that overthinking bit. 

So here's to TRUST in 2014. :)

What's your word for 2014? Do you make and stick to your resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about my one little word for 2014 too. I chose heart. I will be posting soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... This is such a great idea. I need to think about my word of the year...

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!