Image Map

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

2 months!

Hello out there! I've been MIA because you know I've been taking care of a baby! A baby that I had two months ago... say what?


It is completely mind-blowing to think this little man has only been in our lives two months. Two long, exhausting, fun, and crazy months. I meant to do a one month update (it's still sitting in drafts, but oh well!)

Height: I have a feeling when we go to the doctor tomorrow, he is going to be 21.5 inches. His newborn pants are pretty short.

Weight: As of Saturday, he was nine pounds six ounces. Homeboy has gained over four pounds since he was born. :)

Sleep: He will give us a decent four hour stretch when we first put him down. I discovered that he needs to be swaddle TIGHTLY so I went out and bought some swaddleme swaddles. Even though I think my technique is pretty good, the Aden and Anais blankets just weren't cutting it anymore. He did awesome last night woke up at 1, then 3:30 then 7. :)

Eating: Man to say breastfeeding has been a journey is an understatement. He's been able to get my milk, but man was it hurting. Made me dread feeding him that first month. We kept taking him to a lactation consultant at the hospital who helped. I finally decided to go with my gut and get him checked for a tongue and lip tie (google it if you don't know what they are!). Went to Dr. Myers out in the middle of nowhere aka Middleburg. Turns out he had one of the most severe lip ties he had ever seen (and this man is a guru!) It's been better since, but we are still working on exercises that show him he doesn't need to bunch his tongue anymore.

Mommy: I've been doing much better. The first few weeks were no joke. I've started to figure out his cues for sleeping and differentiate between the reasons for his crankiness, so that's helped me. I'm sad because time is winding down until I go back to work. I'll be back in my classroom the Monday before Thanksgiving.

Daddy: To say J has been a wonderful dad is an understatement too! He has been wonderful. It's cheesy to say, but I definitely fell more in love with him seeing him with Samuel and how supportive he's been of me. We've bumped heads a few times, but this has actually made our relationship stronger. He gives him a bottle in the morning so I can sleep, and takes him in the middle of the night on weekends so I can rest too.

Favorites: Samuel loves being on his changing table, (once he's changed of course!) He loves looking at us and makes the best cooing sounds. He loves his mobile and fans. He finally enjoys being on his play mat and he's that rare baby that doesn't fuss that much during tummy time. He also loves being out and about, he's always happy when we are running errands.

Dislikes: Being cold. When we had that freak cold snap, diaper changes and clothing changes became a pain. He hates the stretches I have to do for his tongue tie recovery. But other than that, I can't think of too many dislikes!

New things: He's able to coo like no one's business! We've seen a couple smiles here and there and he's holding his head up pretty well during tummy time. He follows me which is really sweet.

I am excited to see what the next few months continue to bring us! Being a mom isn't easy, but it's definitely been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!