Image Map

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I don't feel so good...

I wish I was one of those people who catches a cold, but once they pop some Dayquil or Nywuil, they're back to their feet. You know, like the people in those medicine commercials.

But alas, I am not one of those people. I am one of those people whose body tricks it into thinking the cold is over (hence why I went to Islands of Adventure with my uncle and brother yesterday) but then it just comes back full force.

I know this is my body's way of telling me to slow down. I've been going NON STOP since school started. I haven't been eating right and the only time I've worked out is when I've met up with my trainer Trey. I need to get back on the wagon.

But even though I'm sick, I can't help but think of all the things I have to get done today. Lesson plans, sub plans, grade level newsletter. Laundry. I need to mail the package for my giveaway winner (Congrats Kari!) as well mail a birthday card. My to do list is never ending.

I think I'm just going to take some more cold medicine, eat some rice and beans and crawl back in to bed. I really hope I feel better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You can come over and do my grading when you're done. I'll make you chicken soup in return.
    I'm not even sick and I don't get my school stuff done. Actually, I think I have a disease called IDon'tReallyCare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are most certainly the same exact person. Because I thought this way today! (I am also not one of those people who get over their colds quickly.)

    I actually just posted a status about this on FB tonight saying that I think I may be sick because I am stressing myself out and working too hard (ha!)

    Seriously though, take a moment to breath and slow down. If you don't, you are never going to get better and you are going to continue to get sick! All teacher to-do lists are never ending. Mine doesn't get shorter, it just gets longer! WAH! :(

    Feel better and get some rest this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!